Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Update And a Day and the Life

So the day before yesterday, I woke up. Shocking, I know. Who would have guessed? Anyway, I dressed to the beat of Fort Minor's Remember The Name and then brushed out my hair and went downstairs. To abbreviate the boring shit, I ended up at the mall, searching for an id/cigarette case. I ended up with two-- a black cigarette case with a silver peace sign on it, and a business card case with black-and-rainbow-glitter gems embedded on the top. I walked around the mall for a bit and saw the CUTEST shoes known to man. I don't jest! I wanted them like Amy Winehouse wants crack. But I no can has, so I moved on. I ended up talking my mother out of $80 more dollars for an adorable corset and an even cuter pleated shirt dress. And I still need pants; I'm getting these, and this skirt (it matches my corset!), and this tshirt. I figure I can shred the sides and make it awesome.

Anyway, after that, I talked her into advancing me twenty bucks she's supposed to give me soon, so that I could get this book that I totally read by the time we got home (I'm not lying when I say I'm smart, I broke reading level records as a child in elementary school).

Now, it's two days later and I'm listening to Kate Voegle, not Fort Minor. And my Sunday shoot got pushed back one week, which, believe it or not, is an absolutely fantabulous coincidence of fate. I'm crashing at Anna's this Saturday and I was going to have to rush from there Sunday around eleven just to make it to the shoot location on time. Yeah, rushing and I know each other well, so I wasn't that fazed by the thought, but still. Unnecessary instances are best avoided, ne? I digress, however. Another reason it's such a great thing, is that I let the model get the dress-- after showing her about five different dresses to base it off of-- and it's pretty ugly (in my opinion). BUT she was really great and she's been an absolute peach about everything, real willing and just a joy to plan with. She has since offered to order one of those dresses I showed her if I push back the shoot one week. And thus, such a thing was done. That weekend will be hectic, however! I have a shoot that Saturday as well. I'm pretty nervous... -_- Eep!

Oh, and if you don't here from me by next week, my mother killed me this weekend. She knows Anna is in Milledgeville but... she doesn't realise HOW far precisely it is away from here. Try... Two hours and twenty-one minutes, according to Mapquest. That's one way. Over 100 miles. One way.

She's going to flip, but come on! I never ever do anything. She can suck it the fuck up and drive.

No comments: